Thursday, September 6, 2012

two cheers for me

Dynamic front squats today.  10 doubles.  70# + one chain.  maybe a little slow.  If you're stuck on speed day you're too heavy.  6 X 1 sumo deads.  #95 + singled thin band.  JW and I did some quick scale work today and I think we established that a thin band is 30lbs at the top.  The thicker red or purple band (depending on your supplier) is 60lbs.  Give or take.  Crude measurement to say the least.  But I think it's close enough for exercise.  I intend to test the rest of the bands.  Will report.

Assistance work:  pistols (scaled), GH raises, Reverse-hypers.

Conditioning:  tabata squats, min rest, tabata sumos @ 115.  Had 15 in the bag for the squats which would have been thrilling but I blew up in the last two cycles: 11.  BOOO.  Sumos were awful.  In the middle I totally quit on myself and posted a 4.  FOUR!  The rest were 7 and above.  HISSS

Power wheel is an ab contraption, contraction also.  I use my brother's.  He used to post here once in a while.

(114)

3 comments:

  1. The only thing worse than thrusters is more thrusters. 100 of them at #95 - 20:07.

    Tell your little brother that the waves were small but clean on saturday. The got bigger on sunday and monday but a lot choppier too. Sunday was so so, monday just stunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waves are good. I like it when they make me fight. All good, potter. So happy for you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I'm having flashbacks of working out and being sore just from your conversations...What's the best way to work into this new fandangled Cross Fit you speak of..Feel free to email me on the side, no sense in crowding the blog with jargon that apparantly everyone but me knows about.

    His name was Navin right?...

    ReplyDelete