Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This is Fish Camp

Hello Trout Runland.  Two TV's.  Kegs o' Beer.  Campers, tents, and lots of glory days.  Grills hot enough to burn your chicken in the time it takes to do one loop on the four wheeler.  It's true Scott Francis needs to exercise.  We all need to.  I'm sorta scared by what the man could dead or clean if he got serious, but I'd still like to see it.  We're talking about a kid who at 17 stood in one end zone and threw a softball in to the other end zone.  On the fly.  It rolled out the back.  Im pretty sure he could snatch body weight.  if he had a little less body weight.  but just a little.  Did I mention the four wheelers?  And a guitar player and plenty of trees to water.  Fish Camp.

Went for a max push press today.  145.  Might have worked too hard a lower weights.  No matter.  good training.  And I got two more at 135.  Assistance work was all gymnastic:  weighted pulls, reg dips,  reg pushes.  And then the party started.  100 #25 dumbbell thrusters.  If that doesn't tell you what, you'll never know.  14 min and some seconds.  I have this idea that the quickest way to complete recovery is through:  a long line of action, mid-line stabilization and scorched lungs.  I'm trying to build conditioning around those.  Easy to dream up, hard to do.  Oh and I took the powerwheel for a walk too.  100 steps.

Seriously, get a Thera Cane.  Make your life better.
(112)

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to fish camp. Really. My middle name is Francis too. Does that help.

    I can clear a week with little notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open invite anytime...Francis as a middle name definitely helps...he didn't mention the gun range but there were trucks and tents parked in front of it so it was off limits. First weekend of Pa. Trout Season is the perfect way to start your spring...come one come all.

      Delete
  2. How about the time you guys talked me into throwing a beer bottle through a fraternity window at Dickinson...Cope, I think that was your idea.

    BTW, the softball record still holds on the wall of the SWHS Gymnasium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough, Cope.

    5 RFT
    100m sprint
    8x4 hollow rocks
    20 push ups
    100m backward sprint

    This week was the 2yr anniversary of us and xFit. Figured we would do the complete first week of WODs. This go round, time was 12 and change. First time was 18 and change. I'll take it. Not to mention, the first time my pushs were from the knees and my hollow rocks resembled a manatee on dry land. This go round, Rxd.

    ReplyDelete