Tuesday, December 11, 2012

HAMIFY

Was gonna smoke this hog leg but they're hard to keep lit. . .

10 day brine (H2O, NACL, sugar, curing salt), A day of drying to form the pellicle.  Started hamifying it at 8 AM.  Hot smoke, 200 degrees or so.  After 4 hrs applied glaze (mustard, garlic, brown sugar) At 4pm I had 140 degrees at the center.  Going to 155-160.  HAMIFY!




I know what a pellicle is.  And a pessary.  And pas de deux.  Post your obscure P-word to comments. Don't go hunting for one.  Gotta come from your noggin.

He went to get the hanging judge, but the hanging judge was drunk.

2 comments:

  1. Ham envy. Very common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like to crowbar "patois" into conversation when I can. not that fancy, but not that common either, especially among egg headed engineer types (a group of which I am not a member, the egg-headed, that is).

    ReplyDelete